Valentine's Day 2000

>> Thursday, February 14, 2008

It's Valentine's Day, also know as "Single's Awareness Day", time to forget your latest fad diet and fill your cheek pockets full of caramel clusters and hallmark cards.

Luckily, for the past few years, i've always had some kind of goodie on V-day, whether it be from a lover or friend. This wasn't always the case. In high school i saw girls toting around bundles of flowers and secretly (ok, openly) longed for sickly-sweet and way overpriced blossoms to parade around under the other girls noses.

Being the tomboy that i was (ok, and protective parents who didn't let me date) i never really had the boyfriend with enough time, ego, and cash to send me flowers at school so i was always empty-handed (99cent store valentines do NOT count).

While i lamented my last V-day of senior year in High School, i got a runner from the office who presented me with a delicate dozen of white roses. I was stunned, and even more stunned to see they were from my best friend Nick who knew i was a romantic and knew i didn't have anyone to send me anything.

That was the first year i ever really felt special on this Holi-fake. Remembering that day is good enough to make me feel special for the rest of my life.

Ok... the chocolate helps too...

1 comments:

Pisser February 15, 2008 at 11:28 AM  

That's sweet. I'm convinced VD is another holiday invented to make people who don't have one feel bad (kind of like Mother's/Father's Day when your mother/father is dead. Or just a bastard).

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP