Review: Imagine Creamy Portobello Soup

>> Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I was really excited to grab this from Henry's Market for just a few bucks. I LOVE muskrooms (that was not a typo) and will devour just about anything containing them. I also like my soups creamy, so I thought this would be a perfect match.

Sadly, I wasn't to thrilled with it. It seemed rather watery instead of creamy, and the mushroom flavor tasted more like canned button mushrooms (tinny) instead of robust portobellos. As you can see in the picture, the warm brown undertones of the cover were lost and I basically had a bowl of gray. I appreciate the low salt content, but it tasted like there was NO salt at all. If this is their "new improved flavor", I'm a bit worried as to what their old flavor was.

After adding some leftover risotto to give it more heft, body, and flavor I was still unimpressed. I ended up eating a cup more and getting rid of the rest. At just a few bucks per carton, I'll give this brand another try before I make a final judgement. Let me know your experiences with this brand if you have any!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP