Literal-ture

>> Sunday, February 18, 2007

I have a few great new ideas for books i'd like to write. The first of which is a sci-fi/fantasy/political/anthro novel about a seemingly self-sufficient society in which the pre-disposition for feeling anger comes about as a new genetic mutation. I'm thinking of some sterility and control leading to personal questioning and death, a la Brave New World, with some underlying anarchist tones which i know has already been done.

The next of which is an account of yoga as therapy for my depression. In the past week, i've worked at the yoga studio every day. So that's 7 days in all, and in those 7 days, i have taken 3- 1.5 hr long classes and 1- 3 hr long workshop, for a total of 7.5 hours. If i pretended to actually know how to get averages, i would say that's about 1.33333 (repeating of course) hours a day. Since i don't know how to average, i'm sure that number is not correct, but let's just assume it is so that i can finish my post. I can already see that doing yoga has had an immediate and stunning effect on me. I have been more calm, started eating better, gotten amazing sleep, been less PMS-y annoyable/cranky/short-tempered, and have not taken my dep meds once.

So to all of you out there: Fight the power, think for yourself, say what you want, buy my books when they come out, rock on.
To some brown guy yogi who's art is helping to change my life: Word.
And to Isidore: I think i left it in the bottom drawer. In the back. Try there, and if it's not there, deal with it on your goddamn own instead of bugging me so effing early in the morning by calling me back never.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  February 23, 2007 at 9:31 AM  

I wonder what the musical tastes of your yoga compatriots?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP