MIA

>> Thursday, May 17, 2007

Ah, seems like i haven't been posting lately, rest assured, i am still alive and well. This week has been exhausting! That late night trip eating pies with Lucas really messed up my sleep schedule for the week (for those of you in the dark, i have to get up at 5:30 am everyday to get to work, so when i stay out till 2 am... ouch!). Then the night after that i had chorale at UCLA till 10, meaning i'm lucky if i get to bed before 11:30 or midnight and then wake up at 5:30. Super ouch! I seem to be back on schedule now, and my brain is slowly regaining shape after being a big slushy pile of mush for the past few days.

However, i have been writing reviews for every movie i watch on Netflix. Evan pointed out how as soon as i got an account the only thing i was ordering were strange indy foreign films. I LOVE foreign films, they really know what they're doing. I've recently seen In the Mood for Love (chinese), The Scent of the Green Papaya (vietnamese), Bad Education (spain spanish), and City of God (brazillian w/ portuguese). City of God was particularly awesome, and i will be keeping an eye out for the dvd.

Coming soon: A gyoza making party, anyone interested?

1 comments:

Anonymous,  May 18, 2007 at 12:20 AM  

I've never been able to finish In the Mood for Love, it's far too sad for me. Granted, all Wong Kar-Wai films are pretty sad, but that one is brutal. I'm particularly a fan of Chungking Express (my personal introduction to his films) and Happy Together. I'd definitely recommend at least the former if you haven't seen it. (If I really HAVE to entice you to see it, it stars Faye Wong, the same singer who sang Eyes on Me.)

City of God is awesome too. Really very epic and some awesome cinematography in there.

I'd recommend Sharkskin Man and Peach Hip girl. It's an awesome, quirky, yakuza Action-Comedy that stars one of my favorite Japanese actors, Tadanobu Asano. (He's been called the Japanese Johnny Depp, and with very good reason. AMAZING actor.)

I'm up for a gyoza party! Me! ME!!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP