It's raining!

>> Thursday, December 10, 2009

Wahoo! I love Los Angeles in the rain (aside from the crazy ass drivers). And since i'm privileged to live by the equestrian area, my neighborhood is full of lovely dripping trees, the smell of sweet grass, and the occasional massive equus caballus wandering around like something out of Shadow of the Colossus. Great game BTW.

I don't know how or why, but i was craving tempeh like a madwoman. Specifically bbq. So after work i hit up Henry's to see if they even had tempeh (they did) and scored a bottle of vegan bbq sauce for 99cents!!!

I whipped this up, just cubed the tempeh and fried till golden, smothered in bbq sauce with some spinach sauteed in a bit of olive oil, salt, and a dash of fresh organic CSA lemon juice.

You can see the wonderful lemon juice combining sexily with the bbq sauce at the bottom of the plate. Clearly they were made for one another. And yes, that is my desk, complete with keyboard in the way. I eat most of my dinners here, maybe it's because I'm also gaming. Maybe not. You'll never know.

My pastels have been calling to me so i think i'm going to get some hot tea and paint to jamie cullum like i used to do in college. Yay for kitties, space heaters, rain, tempeh, and art!

1 comments:

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) December 12, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

great deal on the barbecue sauce! There's something so fabulous about tempeh . . . I swear, I can even snack on it plain! It's hard to resist an open package in the fridge.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP