A loss and a win

>> Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Doesn't that just look SO yummy!!!???

Well I hate to say this, it wasn't. It seems I botched my first attempt at pumpkin oats. I'm not sure if it was the two heaping tbsp of organic unsweetened canned pumpkin I put in, the stingy amount of agave nectar (I'm skeptical of sugar in the mornings), or the fact that I was late and it had to sit in tupperware for 15 mins till I got to work... BUT I hated it. It tasted raw squash-y and just plain bleh. Yes, that is a technical term.

I may save the pumpkin oat recipe for this weekend (after consulting a few more blogs as to ingredients), when I can try it again at my leisure. I must admit, I'm not the biggest fan of pumpkin, I only have 1/2 of a tiny slice of pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving. However, I'm not scared off yet. Thankfully, last night I pressed and chilled some fresh coffee so I got held over *almost* to lunch on just iced coffee with soymilk and agave. I know, I was a bad girl today! I did polish off ALL the rest of the chili at lunch though, so some good came of it. Yes, there was sour cream, and yes there were chocolate chips. :)



Got in a little run tonight, LOVE my new toy. Says I ran for 56.43 minutes and took 4,329 steps! What fun technology and pedometers are. Oh lordy, 11 pm and I still need dinner, to feed all the cats, dishes, shower, and time for my book. Better get my butt in gear!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP