The great BLORP! And lemon curd.

>> Saturday, December 5, 2009

Yes, there are indeed changes going on with the blog, one day it'll be kickass. Till then it (like some of my food recently) is a mess.

Speaking of messes, remember that gratin I wanted to make? The one with fennel and potatoes and courgette? Clearly, I have NO IDEA how to make a gratin. You'da thought I would have looked up a recipe first, but I didn't. Most of the time when I "wing it", my creations are at least edible. This one, well let's just say that I kind of choked those last few bites down.

I present to you the great, the unthinkable, the (un)edible Blorp!!!!! *insert wet sloppy noise here*



Ah well, live and learn. I also tried baking (gasp, I know) some lemon poppy scones which ended up coming out like pancakes. I used this recipe. Sadly no picture (because I was laughing too hard). Suffice it to say that my poor 1/2 sheet pan looked like it had massive lemon poppy tumors all over it.

However, success was made on the curd so here's the recipe!

Luscious Lemon Curd:
1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
zest of 2 lemons
1/2 cups h2o
1 1/2 cups turbinado cane sugar
pinch sea salt
4 tsp Ener-G Egg Replacer
1/4 cup soymilk
2 tbsp Earth Balance Buttery Spread (not the sticks!!!)

1. In saucepan whisk together the juice, water, sugar, salt, and egg replacer.
2. Bring to a boil, boil and whisk steadily for one minute. Mixture will thicken and should coat the back of a spoon.
3. After a minute, remove pan from heat and stir in milk, zest, and Earth Balance.
4. Resist the urge to burn your mouth snarfing it, cool, and transfer to storage in the fridge. It will thicken more over time.

Here I drizzled some hot curd (I know, I just told you NOT to do this, and I burned my mouth for my own stupidity) over my aforementioned lemon poppy scones pancakes.
I have to admit it was quite delicious! I can definitely see this curd slathered on toast!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP