Rice is nice, but it's just a grain...

>> Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Anyone? Anyone? *sigh* You people need to watch more of THIS.
Quick post before bed. I made this last night and had it again for lunch today:

Pineapple Fried Rice
3 cups cooked rice (I used brown cooked with veggie broth)
3 tbsp minced garlic
olive oil
~1 cup frozen peas
1 can pineapple chunks in pineapple juice
~3 tbsp hoisin
~1-2 tbsp your favorite hot sauce, I used siracha
~2 tbsp tamari or shoyu

- Saute the garlic in olive oil till softened.
- Add rice and stir to warm through.
- Add peas, hoisin, hot sauce, and tamari. Stir to combine and heat peas.
- Drain and add pineapple chunks. Heat through.

Sorry for the ~ (approximations), I'm great at rough estimates, but sometimes I tend to just drizzle things in here and there.

There's certainly a LOT of variations on this and a wide variety of things you can add. That's all I had on hand and the bf exclaimed it was some of the best rice he ever had.

It's cold and rainy here in Los Angeles! Time for snuggles with the kitty.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  December 8, 2009 at 10:43 AM  

There are tons of foodies in the network I'm a part of, you should join up and show them a thing or two!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP